|GIA Career Opportunity: Instructor, JMA, On-Campus
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Lbarnes [ Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:16 am ]|
|Post subject:||GIA Career Opportunity: Instructor, JMA, On-Campus|
ABOUT GEMOLOGICAL INSTITUTE OF AMERICA (GIA)
Established in 1931, GIA is the world’s foremost authority on diamonds, colored stones, and pearls. GIA exists to protect all purchasers of gemstones, by providing the education, laboratory services, research, and instruments needed to accurately and objectively determine gemstone quality. As creator of the 4Cs and the GIA International Diamond Grading System™, the Institute sets and maintains the standard for grading and identification practices used worldwide. Its global headquarters are based in Carlsbad, California.
GIA is seeking a Gemology Instructor. This regular, full time role will provide a constructive and creative learning environment for students in the On-Campus Gemology Program and its lab classes.
• Provides a positive, constructive and creative learning environment for students.
• Instructs students utilizing gemological equipment including, but not limited to microscope, spectroscope, refractometer, polariscope, dichroscope, audio-visual aids, and other materials to supplement presentations.
• Imparts appropriate and relevant course material consistent with GIA’s reputation, standards, and integrity.
• Addresses student concerns, complaints, or issues promptly.
• Counsels students regarding academic performance and methods for improvement.
• Proctors tests; and receives, corrects, and processes student assignments either manually or electronically through Blackboard.
• Maintains and fosters sensitivity and respect for a culturally diverse classroom environment.
• Graduate Gemologist Diploma
• Minimum of 3 years related practical gem/jewelry industry experience.
• In-depth knowledge of gemstones, diamonds, gem identification equipment, and understanding of the jewelry industry.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Intermediate computer skills such as, but not limited to, experience with word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software applications. PeopleSoft and Blackboard expertise strongly preferred.
• Fluency in English is required. Preference for those with multi-lingual skills in either of the following: Spanish, French, Portuguese, or Chinese.
• Must be in good standing; i.e. favorable performance, excellent attendance.
• To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please reference the job title in your subject line and be sure to let us know where you saw this job posting.
• GIA offers a competitive benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information about GIA we welcome you to visit our website at http://www.gia.edu.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 4 hours|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group