January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Starting your own inventory
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:13 pm 
New to the Forum or The Quiet Type

Hello, I am joining a friend family business in the watch and jewlery business and i am extremely interested on building a inventory of round brillant Diamond from 0,5 to 3carat max. I have recently started the GIA GD course.

I plan on buying inventory backed with your own money. My plan to to sell them to the trade in the first place.

A lot of people are already coming to me to sell their loose diamond, they are usually not GIA certified, I will have to certified them once purchased. I have been learning online for quite sometimes and my goal at the moment is to define what are the essential tool that i need in order to make educated and worthy buying decision.

I have already purshared a Gemlogis Vista Diamond Tester Segregator, a reflector idealscope. Now i m looking at a tool that will allow me to obtain accurate measurement of the cut and all angles and %. especially around table%, depht%, crown and pavillon angles.

I would like to know if you think this is the right tool for me to purschase and if you can recommend a specific machine, I was looking at the Sarine DiaScan or the OGI scanox S, but you might recommend some other options or even tell me this is way to expensive at this stage.

Also would love if you can also guide me on some other essential tool, that i have missed so far, and that would help me to be effective in my inventory selection. I know i need a good lamp with spottlights and diffused lighting mode, but i m really not sure which one is the best, if you guys could make some recommendation, it will be awesome.

Cheers,
and thank you for your precious help
Thomas