January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: My experience at the AIGS
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:23 am 
New to the Forum or The Quiet Type

After many months considering which Institute would be the best place for me to study, I chose to do the A.G. Program at the AIGS.

My main interest is in coloured stones and the AIGS has a magnificent collection of coloured stones that I doubt any other Gemological Institute could match. I even came across a 10,000 usd ruby in the Coloured Stone Grading & pricing class. (No, I wasn't allowed to keep it).

The Instructors have many years of experience, not just in teaching but in the gemstone business. What Jay Joseph and Jayesh Patel teach you goes far beyond the text books. The information and advice given on every aspect of the gem business is invaluable.

The Synthetic & Treated Gemstone class which is taught by Jayesh Patel has a collection of stones that attracts gemologists from all over the world. They come to Bangkok and the AIGS because they know this is the only place they will see such a collection of synthetic & treated stones that their Institute could not match. This again, was another confirmation that I had chosen the right place to study.

Gem I.D. is also a very challenging class but if you have the passion for gemstones (I think everyone on this site has that) and the determination, then you won't find a more dedicated Instructor than Jay Joseph to guide you every step of the way.

Jay Joseph and Jayesh Patel, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Debbie Sutherland A.G.[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:48 am 
Valued Contributor

Hello Debbie,

I am happy you did it. Yes it's a lot of work and I guess you add to work hard like all of us, but I am sur you learned a lot about your passion and built a strong background.

I wish you the best for the future.

Best regards

Olivier