January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: jadeite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:25 am 
New to the Forum or The Quiet Type

Is true that the lavender orange and the blue hue that is find into the lavender rough (rarely) is only find in Guatemala?
I buy a jadeite rough from Guatemala and I ever review it with black light my surprise was seeing phosphorescent green points (like the green of black opals) but only under black light somebody knows or had ever seen it in yours jadeite?
That is in the peel like the window, I haven't cut because I am afraid. My dealer is very confident, and has a lot of years of work in that. He has prestige. Then I trust what it is not dyed, the color is the clasic lilac from Guatemala, with a part of orange and white, I believe is that some insects has part in this as the jadeite has impurities it could be a element like phosphor since the peel I could see parts of crystal transparent, purple, too you can see that the orange is icy in some parts if somebody has idea what could be or has any cuote I should thank you :shock: :!: :?: 8)

Post subject: Re: jadeite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:01 pm 

As I understand it, the blue material is indeed exclusive to Guatemala, though it's technically omphacite, not jadeite (but omphacite has been accepted by the GIA as another mineral in the Jade family, since it turns out plenty of high-end 'jadeite' is actually omphacite).
As to the rest, I got no idea what you're talking about, man. I don't think the purple is exclusive to Guatemala.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

Violet and apricot colors of jadeite are found in Burma.
Courtesy Of Mason Kay (my favorite jade source)
Burmese Jade Varieties:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:12 pm 

Scarodactyl wrote:
o the rest, I got no idea what you're talking about, man. I don't think the purple is exclusive to Guatemala.

Sorry I really new in that of gemology and I have not all the terms.
I review my jadeite with a black light (UV light) (purple light) when I was reviewing I noted green phosphorescent in the jadeite in the peel like in the window of the matrix i want to know if some body was noted the same in yours jadeite or if any one knows what could be the fluorescent eaction under UV light?
What is a really lucky for we who has jadeite from guate is that the government of guatemala put a prohibition to exports of jadeite one month ago two Chinese people was condem to 10 years of jail for try to carry out jadeite toward China. I love Guatemalan jadeite i have one slab of rainbow jadeite ( lunfu-linmen) like Chinese people call i believe that Burma has it but now i am sure is not from guatemala

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:28 pm 
Site Admin

WClee wrote:
Natural, polished but not waxed Type "A" jadeite specimens are inert to long wave UV. So, they will not show fluorescence. On the other hand, the polymer used to fill the empty spaces of the bleached jades produces "chalky blue-white fluorescence" under long wave UV.

Is export of Guatemalan jade banned to everyone? That doesn't make much sense.

What is rainbow jadeite? Can you post a picture?

Thanks and welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:09 am 

Barbra Voltaire wrote:
Is the export of Guatemalan jade banned to everyone? That doesn't make much sense.

What is rainbow jadeite? Can you post a picture?

Thanks and welcome to the forum.

my dealer trade with Guatemalan people he was talking about. Now guate jadeite is banned and really make sense this the reality of that while you see Chinese people is importing jadeite from Guatemala and not only 1000 kilograms they imports tons and tons and some of this is sell for Burmese jadeite, too is the problem that they report less that the price that the government has for jadeite I don't know for how much they get it you can figure how problematical it is. for me this sounds wonder is like Picasso made a Michelle Angelo and him MA wrote his name in that, besides you know that was people of jade SA who discover the jadeite in Guatemala that's making more sense.
Your welcome I am here because I really enjoy to learn all how I can about minerals and more of jadeite, rainbow jadeite is the material that is multicolor late I going to post some pics.
Too in the web you cannot find information like in the forums it is abundant.
My rough of lilac that has phosphorescence is in the matrix with peel is lilac with orange and white and only has a window how I understand is about some with the electrons but I take care for know I was talking with my dealer and he told that he can give my money back if I have any problem

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:11 pm 

ok the reality is that rainbow jadeite is a multicolor piece this is one of three slabs that my dealer had i was buying it. i can apreciate mandarin orange, lavander, pink, pale yellow-green, white and a type of icy almost glass. this piece is the better that i had ever seen even in web, is jade A-grade, is unpolished. i hope to get better.

Attachments:
DSCF0321[1_converted.jpg
DSCF0321[1_converted.jpg [ 53.4 KiB | Viewed 1206 times ]
DSCF0300[1_converted (1).jpg
DSCF0300[1_converted (1).jpg [ 46.9 KiB | Viewed 1206 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

Guatemalan jadeite is banned where? I don't understand.
I know Stephan Gunning, working with Glen Lehrer has been involved in the mining and exploration of this material for quite a time:
This may be an interesting link for information:
http://ventanamining.com/products.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:46 pm 

Barbra
Ok. I know my english is not the better! The government of Guatemala edict a law where they banned the jadeite rough exportation to all world, but you can work in Guatemala and exports your jade jadeite carvings.
So you like the jade I should like to have I piece of imperial jadeite from Burma for me but my wallet cannot get it for now.
I read some article that said Burma mines its depleted his resources Product of the exploitation of this.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:08 am 

I take it that the Guatemalan government would like poor quality craftsmanship being exported.

Such as a 3mm tall "x" character carved on the corner of all their workpieces?