January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:43 pm 
Gemology Online Veteran

I would be willing to bet that many of the stones in that parcel are glass simulants and not even synthetics, considering some of the SYN they list are not even actually in existence, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:54 pm 
Established Member

About 3 yrs ago for about 3 months, I tried to purchase a Tanzy from JTV. All of different carat weights and cuts. Needless to say, it was a hot mess!!! I spent so much money on returns fees because everytime I received a stone, it wasn't the color they "claimed" it to be!! In one case, I ordered a Trillion and you couldn't tell which side was the pavillion, that's how poor the cutting was!! Every stone and I do mean every stone I purchased was light in color. The higher the price, the better material you were suppose to get but that just wasn't the case. You can't even go off of their pics on the website because I tried that too. Didn't work!

Like some of you, I would watch the shows just to hear what they were "claiming" on that day. LOL I can't tell you how many times I've heard the hosts contradict themselves!! It got to the point to where I had to stop watching because I was becoming to angry.

I bought a few of their parcels as well and yes, most of them were junk! I did get a parcel that had some nice Quartz pieces not just in weight but in shape/cutting. One issue they had was.... they would load those parcels up with small stones. Because so many customers complained, they said they were going to fix that problem. Well, they never did because the last parcel I bought and sent back, the majority of it was of small stones. You can't really do much with stones that size and they know it but still, they left them in there!! :roll:

The one parcel I kept, I was lucky enough to get an Alexandrite. I do know for certain that its real. As another poster pointed out, their tools, stay away from them!! They don't work nor do many of them come with instructions!! How do you sell a tool so your customers can ID their stones yet you don't give them instuctions in order to do so??!! :shock: That always boggled my mind!! LOL

I've purchased many jewelry pieces from them such as chains and rings and for the most part, all went fine with that, thank goodness! :)

My advice.... be careful and don't believe the hype!!! Yes, you can get a good deal through them but, it all depends on what you're buying. The bad part about that is... you have to buy it, pay for shipping before you can see EXACTLY what you're going to get and if it doesn't meet your standards, you're going to be out even more money because you'll have to pay to send it back!! Now $5 doesn't seem like much but if you have to return product after product time after time, it adds up!!!! Best of luck to you..... Peace to all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:11 pm 
Established Member

When their hosts make the claim of..... "these are "light" champagne diamonds in this setting" and yet you can SEE, you KNOW it's really a poor quality white diamond, that's when you know to RRUUUNNNN!!! LOL

After writing my last posts I decided to put it on JTV. You're never going to guess what they're now claiming a darker champagne diamond to be.... a MOCHA DIAMOND!! LOL Weren't those once called chocolate diamonds by them???? Hmmmm...

Okay, I've gotta turn the channel cause my face is getting hot....

Peace to all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:08 pm 
Platinum Member

I gotta say this. I'm not a fan of JTV, but as far as the parcels go;what do you want for nothing? Your money back? :wink:

https://www.instagram.com/elvizprasiolite/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:05 pm 
Established Member

Yes Elvis and that's exactly what I got back. :D

BTW, love your name, love your tag line!! My mom's a huge Elvis fan as well. Can't help but to think of her when I see your name!!! :)

Have a good one... Peace to All

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:58 pm 
Platinum Member

Rockahula Baby! :wink:

https://www.instagram.com/elvizprasiolite/